Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Grow a row for the Hungry"

So last night I found a listing for this program called "Grow a row for the hungry"
What a great idea! I wrote the guy about it and haven't heard back about it.. The way it works is they give you seeds and you grow a row for them I think I need more details... this is their list.

VEGGIES:
Artichoke, Beans (Bush), Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brokali, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Eggplant, Gourds, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mache, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Peas, Peppers (Hot and Sweet), Popcorn, Pumpkin, Radish, Rutabaga, Sorghum, Spinach, Squash (Summer and Winter), Swiss Chard, Tomatillos, Tomatoes, Turnips, Zucchini

FRUITS:
Cantaloupe, Melons, Watermelon

HERBS:
Arugula, Basil, Caraway, Cilantro, Dill, Endive, Fennel, Parsley, Sorrel, Thyme

FLOWERS:
Annuals, Perennials


I'm interested in:
Cucumber, Eggplant, Kohlrabi, Peas, Radish, Swiss Chard, Arugula, Endive, Parsley, Sorel, Caraway, Cilantro.
The ones I want most are Beets, Brussels sprouts, Tomatillos and Basil..

No comments:

Post a Comment