Friday, March 23, 2012

The plants that have spoken to me...


OK! It's wish list time!

Most of all I want to grow my own food and medicines! 
Below are some posts I wrote from my gardening group on march 7th.
"Decided to stay up and finish the massive laundry pile and keep Winter from over sleeping... so we can leave in the morning like planned. I got most everything but clothes and bedding packed, just waiting on the last few loads... So I figured while everyone was sleeping or busy I'd put up some wish-list stuff... now that I have decided to collect seeds before we have a set place to live =] Well for some reason I can't access my wish list info I thought I had saved. So I will try to make a new one and see if I can't get Winter to help me recover my missing information and add to this later, my documents are all appearing to me blank and Winter is currently sleeping... It'll give me something to do.. So lets see what this sleepy brain can dream up... First things coming to my mind are veggies because I am so freaked about Monsanto and want to grow my own and safe produce. Eventually I want fruit, like especially trees... But there is so far no telling when or if they will be an option... Got to wait and see where we will live. The veggies listed are my favorites... Any of these would make me infinitively happy. I have my crafts to trade. So I don't have any seeds at all to trade but, I make charms and am experimenting with wire sculpting figurines... I'll be putting up more and more pictures of the stuff I make as I make them =] If you see something you like or have favorite colors please speak up! Look for mobile uploads and my crafty-ness album.

Veggies
Acorn and similar squashes. Beets. Basil. Parsley. Cilantro. Garlic. Cucumber. Onions. Chives. Potatoes. Carrots. Broccoli, Asparagus. Brussels spouts. Radish. Turnips. Rhubarb. Dill. Sage. Thyme. Kale. Lettuces/spinach or any salad greens. Chives/green onions. Cabbage. Tomatoes. Fennel. Lemon-grass. Thyme.
Kinda a long list... I'm wanting to experiment if possible with things I'm not familiar with too... and I've seen there are all kinds of interesting things out there that aren't really in the grocery stores... No idea how much space I'd even need to grow all the things I'm interested in... but it's a wish list after all and I'm a little excitable and have the green thumb fever!

Some other things I am super curious about are loufa gourds, Tobacco (can you get seed for this???) and Hibicus not to mention other edible flowers like lavender, jasmine and chamomile... What else out of flowers are edible? I know roses are... and violets? Pansies?"  
 
I thought of some other things I would like to have too... There are these green beans that are purple but when you cook them are bright green .. I think they were called queen Anne, or royal beans... Angie said she has tobacco and I have some friends that told me it would grow in Spokane tho I am not sure yet how well...  I am curious if I could grow ginger and horse radish too... And I notice I didn't really mention fruits so much... I at least want strawberries and maybe blueberries?
"I really really want to grow my own veggies and herbs so bad but I did grow up with lots of flowers everywhere so I really want them too... There are flowers that really speak to me the ones I want most are the ones with memories attached to them from my old home and things my grandmothers grew.... I think I was spoiled by my grandmothers and having a huge yard...
    We had dark purple Clematis and light purple Wisteria and bluish purple Columbine and all colors of Violets and white and blue Forget-me-nots and giant Bleeding Hearts and a Bearded Iris and Calla lilies and big Blue Bells and daffodils and a few big tulips, fuchsia colored Peonies, and Daffodils and a little blue purple one in a bulb that looked like a spike of grapes... (Oh I am told those are called Grape Hyacinthe).  My mother reminded me we had something called sweet William but I can't seem to remember them. (Another one I don't know the name of is sort of round towards the top and it looks like a whole bunch of little tiny flowers, it grew in purple and white and a little bit of pink.)"  
  There where trees too... We had two different kinds of Cherry tree, green Pear tree, Italian plum trees which are my favorite, a Japanese pear tree, a green apple tree and a Japanese maple I think it had red pointed leaves and there was huge Rhodie's  in dark pinks and soft purples and one light pale peach-y pink that smelled like honey...  and lots of pine trees. "
 It actually amazes me now how many plants and flowers we had! These are just the ones I can remember the names of and describe!   
Then there are things I came across on my travels like more Forget-me-nots and the yellow and orange columbine and giant pinkish purple foxglove of Alaska...Pinkish dogwood, Snap dragons. 
  This is only the stuff I remember off the top of my head.... But there was so much more and if I can get my hands on any of these it would make me so happy!
 Ok so I wrote a long paragraph on roses and it seems to have vanished so I'll write a whole blog entry on them later. These are things I am interested in but I want to try a little of everything! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment